Nothing says fall more than cozy clothes, football, changing leaves and pumpkins. I've long wanted to get some of the different varieties of pumpkins but year after year we get the classic gourd. When I saw that a local nursery had a deal on funky pumpkins we loaded up the kids and went hunting.
Prior to arriving I tried to explain what the pumpkins would look like and that we would be buying these solely for decoration, not for carving! The kids were initially disappointed but once they saw the different varieties, all those feelings faded. We came up with some fun names for the ones we found....
the tye-died
the blood-shot surprise ---both orange and green
the white pancake
the peanut
and the black one
Although, the different varieties brought joy, it didn't stop the kids from being drawn to the bright orange ones especially the tiny ones
and giant ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment