Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Countdown the final week


During our final days....
We did Ice Skating and Cosmic Bowling
We spent time with Troy and company...played the blind Christmas scene plate drawing game and Scene It. And the kids used Troy and Cameron as climbing towers, punching bags and overall human toys.
We made a Christmas craft/gift....
We read and acted out the Christmas story. While it wasn't near the production as the previous years since we were without our co-actors, we did focus on the reason for the season.  
We attempted to get a cute group photo of the kids....(this was as good as it got. (on tap for the new year's resolutions...use the real camera more often so we have better resolution and less blur!)
And finally, the best of all...we celebrated the Birth of our Savior!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

cute christmas posts! Love that "have yourself..." sign, I'm about to tackle some wood signs like that so I thought I'd get some tips from you. How do you do your letters - do you get the font from the computer and just cut out from paper? I would LOVE to hear your process. I've seen where you can just get sticky letters, but where in the world do you get huge ones?

our story said...

I used my silhoutte machine and vinyl for this one. I'm still learning, we actually had to do quite a bit of retouching because we rolled rather than dabbed the paint. I've seen all kinds of tutorials on pinterest where a cutting machine is not needed...like tracing over the letters to leave an indention on the wood and then hand painting it. Good luck it's so much fun!