Saturday, April 7, 2012

Impromptu Creations

While Brian and my dad built a bed for Braxton, the kids and I hung out with grandma. And although the bed was made with incredible speed, during the last hour the kids hit a wall. I encouraged Braeden to rummage through grandpa's shop and use his imagination to create something. Coming up empty handed we ended up heading to my brother's where Brian and my dad were. Each of the kids grabbed some wood, had it cut down a bit and went to work.   
They brought their creations home and finished them up with paint. "What color is twila?" I hear Braxton say.....me: that's your grandma, you are using some of her old paints (she was a spectacularly beautiful color!) I LOVE moments like those that connect such wonderful memories to the present. She would have been so delighted to know her grandkids were using her things. Later in the day as the creations were drying, I walked in to find Bryson adding his own flavor to Braxton's birdhouse. He's such a little imitator.....and was doing a pretty good job! The only stray paint I found was on the elbow of his shirt which was inadvertently drug through the paint on his plate pallet.  
Two of the three finished products. I heart the color blocking! What fun impromptu creations!

No comments: