Friday, January 6, 2012

Insta Friday

This insta edition is heavy on the oldest and youngest men of the family. 
Brian has been growing a beard. 
It may or may not be a popular topic of conversation with the adolescent folk.
I've caught Bryson with Braeden's I-pad a number of times recently.
He gets a kick out of this peek-a-boo game. 
We may NEVER wallpaper again.
It was an off-and-on all-day removal process
and this was just a border!
I know in the end it will all be worth it....
that's what I keep telling him anyway.
This is how I found Bryson the other day.... and many times since. 
No one else is around....climbs in all by himself then
 rocks back and forth to try to make it move. 
 I think its funny how all the kids have ended up in this mini cart. 
It's one of those OLD school toys that's made to last; 
it has to be a minimum of 20 years old. 
Some of my "new" old finds from the antique mall....love!
I love everything about this picture. 
Bryson sitting on one of the counter chairs,
his little feet tucked under
all his attention on his paper and colors.

(Climbing on the furniture is a new found skill...whether by pulling himself up 
or seeking out the step stool to make the climb less treacherous.)
He also loves to draw and color.
He and I colored a straight 15 minutes this day. 

We have yet to have a child that's ruined our walls with markers or crayons....
but, we've also never had one show interest this early.
(maybe we should wait on painting that bathroom.)
The bigs had a sleepover, so Alexis choose our special activity:
dinner and fun at the golden arched play place woo-hoo!
This was Bryson's first visit so daddy and Alexis helped him climb up and venture around.
How many grown men do you know will climb through 
itty bitty, germ infested spaces for a few giggles?
Yeah, our daddy rocks!
He's all about the sweet treats especially chocolate!
oreos, m&m's, pudding, ice cream....yum!  
We spent New Year's eve with the usual crew. 
Rock band was a huge hit. 
It was the first year we partied into the am.
even the littlest Thompson made it to midnight!

2011 was awesome overall and 2012 has started great. 
What have you been up to this first week of the new year?
  
life rearranged

2 comments:

Melodee said...

love your little guy getting in the cart! oh and love the window from your antique mall finds....super cute!

tonya said...

Love the picture of the youngest coloring. My favorite of that picture is that he's coloring with both hands! I'm enjoying the first few weeks of the new year actually at home - no work travel!!!