Warning: Stop reading now if you don't want to hear my violin!
This week has been blah!
*Brian started back to work.
*We've been eating cereal nearly every meal.
*The air conditioner took a time out (just in time for 107 and 109 degree weather!)
*I've been a bad mom; I have ZERO gumption! We've literally done NOTHING! Although, I did earn a few "good mom" points today when I let the kids shop at a neighbor's yard sale. Two of them chose stuffed animals against my better judgement...so I did work up enough gumption to lysol and febreeze them!
*I missed the deadline for the kids to pick up their prizes from the summer reading program.
*Today's my last day of summer; I go back to work tomorrow. Brian won't join my pity party saying "In two weeks you get to start your Indian Summer."
*I'm SO ready for a baby....the car seat should be arriving soon by UPS as well as a couple of take home outfits. The boxes of baby clothes have been looked over....leading Alexis to the conclusion that she now wants a baby boy. Why I ask? Her response: "I LOVE BOYS!" I teased her that if it's a boy I've decided to name him Fabio....she prefers Anthony; who she thinks is the Wiggles guy who drives the Big Red car. (the heartbeat was high two weeks in a row---well over 140...which according to old wives tales means it's a girl. Today it was 135...boy. So only time will tell---it's 50/50 either way.)
*I'm feeling envious of our extended family members who are traveling... some in San Diego with 70 degree temps and others in the Bahamas at Atlantis. All surely to be having loads more fun than we are currently!
*Feeling bad every time the kids remind me of things we wanted to do this summer but didn't get to: go camping, have a snow cone stand, buy from the ice cream truck (seriously does he not know how to slow down?), go on bike rides, visit the wildlife park, etc....really, what happened to nice weather days that makes doing all these things bearable?
*Laughing because Alexis just told me she wants a baby girl!
That's all I got.

But, no post is complete without a picture... so here are some of our summer animal encounters ...the kids helped grandpa pick up new goldfish for his pond.
(If you have a pond and need fish besides koi, go to the bait shop they're so much cheaper!)
The dogs at Troy's were always bonus entertainment. If they weren't taking a dip in the pond with us they were always up for catch.
And the kids did some butterfly and dragonfly catching between dips in my dad's pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment