Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fun, Exciting and a bit terrifying News

You read that right. We have FUN...EXCITING...and a wee bit terrifying NEWS. It's well known that I LOVE babies and I simply ADORE my family! When I was growing up I thought I'd like to have 3 kids, then by the time I got married I thought 2 was a good number. But the day I had Braeden I was overcome with the amazing wonder and love that rocked my soul. I said that very day I would love to have four kids. Really? FOUR?

Then when Alexis was born, I said we had our perfect family. (I know we are not perfect but it was perfect for me.) Two older boys and a baby girl just the way my family was. My childhood dreams fulfilled.
So did we really need or want to have one more? Beyond happy and feeling blessed with my family I still found myself longing for another baby. I waited patiently and tried not to push or pressure Brian. I knew that he was content as we were. But, this summer he said lets try one more time. I was ecstatic to say the least! So when I started getting sick in December the reality of it all set in. Holy cow we are going to be a family of SIX! It is exciting, fun and a little scary!

The kids have known for a while but were told they could not tell anyone until we heard the heart beat (that was today!) See below how we told them....this was the post I had prepared following New Years: REASON to CELEBRATE

We had a low key new years eve. A few friends and their kids came over for food and fun. The most exciting thing about the day was something we will be blessed with in 2010! We told the kids that we are having another baby! Now that's something to CELEBRATE! They were beyond thrilled. Alexis asked me over and and over throughout the day "your baby grow yet?" It may be a long 9 months for her! The kids shared their desires lil b wants a boy, Alexis wants a girl and when told that God might decide to give us a boy her response is the same: "girl". Braeden wants twins! Brian and I want a healthy baby. Cheers to new life in 2010!


Alexis lasted all of three days before letting the cat out of the bag at daycare. She told me at the end of day one "I didn't tell Bren-a we have a baby!" But, on the third day they were talking about babies at lunch and she said "mommy have a baby in her belly!" Oh Alexis, so much for secrets--hehe! Several weeks later Braxton told one of his friends at daycare who announced it when I walked in to pick him up so now the second day care provider was in on the secret too! At any rate, now that we've heard the heartbeat we are sharing with others as well.

Alexis has resigned herself to the fact that God may choose to give us a baby boy. But, she always follows up saying "we have to wait for mine...it gonna be da girl." or "we have to wait for my baby girl". Evidentially she thinks if things don't go in her favor this time, we will have another baby just for her. But, this will definitely be the last baby Thompson for us.

No comments: