Prior to the countdown starting, Braxton asked if we could make gingerbread houses-- my response...maybe on the countdown. I knew we had a gingerbread house deco party coming up but, the anticipation of not knowing is all part of the fun...right? NO, I crushed little Braxton's heart--so I guaranteed him that it would be on the countdown. He volunteered "ok, I won't tell Braeden" he stayed true to his word but reminded me of his excitement daily.
Tonight was finally the night! We attended the Christmas Party complete with gingerbread house decorating, a gift exchange and Santa!
The boys were meticulous with the houses---much different than our experience at the party two years ago.Braxton hid the moment Santa stepped in the door. It took some serious coaxing to get him to come out from underneath the table! Then he watched still a bit fearful from afar.
Braeden was so sweet, encouraging Alexis and holding her hand in support. I think part of this was that he just wanted to be right there with Santa---most of the other older boys were a bit standoffish around Santa. Braeden though was fixated--I love that MAGIC!
Despite Braeden's efforts Alexis chickened out but eventually changed her mind when we told her she needed to tell Santa what she was hoping to get under the tree. Braxton followed her lead.
Ah, this could be the first year all children are semi-smiling with Santa!
No comments:
Post a Comment