The boys have been in vacation bible school/day camp this week so I feel like I haven't seen them much. Brian and I have been cleaning house (fun) weeding out old things we've had lying around way to long. We had our house painted this week ---it looks so much better--but aqiring the paint was a bit of a fiasco! I haven't been sleeping well at night which has equated to a crabby mommy when the kids have returned from VBS. (By that time I'm feeling ready for a nap and they are hyped up from their activites!)
Today was this one's first day of gymnastics (it's a parent-tot class) so Brian being the fantastic dad that he is has the pleasure of assisting.
Alexis was very apprehensive during the first portion of class; she shot some looks of uneasiness and apprehension my way and Brian gave me a few other glances (the kind that express I'm definitely not so happy to be here!) Alexis broke out of her shell once they started doing forward rolls and she seemed to be in her element in what they call "the dalmation room". There is a balance beam, uneven bars, a trampoline, parallel bars, a pulley swing, a foam pit and more. She did great and seemed to have so much fun. She was all a chatter with the boys about her experience when they got home. (Next time I'll have to remember the camera!)
We received the CD from VBS today... here are the boys showing us the actions they've learned--so cute to watch!
ETA: here are a few from the actual performance (Alexis and I didn't make it to watch she was asleep before they even arrived at the venue!) The boys were happy though as this meant they could participate in the free swim at the Y following the show.
No comments:
Post a Comment