Monday, June 29, 2009

The season ends

The boys have finally finished up their baseball/t-ball games. I have to admit while I was initially loathing the idea of 3 games per child per week; I'm glad they packed it in and the season is over----in the last week or so the games have been scorchers!
Braxton we were leary about signing you up, as last year you whined before the games ever got underway---it was too cold and too windy! You cried, sat down and refused to move etc. Very dramatic! We quit after just a handful of practices. But, this year was different. You weren't necessarily super excited about the sport but you never complained after the first couple of practices. Brian described your overall experience as both nonchalant and take it or leave it. I asked many times if you liked it and you would say yes but that the games last a LONG time. You loved to visit with the coaches while playing in the field--yak, yak, yak---so you. You didn't really play in the dirt but the following photos sum up the season fairly well.  

You were very proud to have scored your first medal!
I'm so proud of the progress that you made (going from refusing to participating is 100% improvement.) T-ball tends to be tough on the majority of little ones that play. You stuck it out through the lull and inaction that goes along with this level. I imagine your future ball years will be much more enjoyable. I have to admit that I got a kick out of the games I was able to see you play--you were certainly entertaining!
Braeden, this was your second year of pitching machine. In the field you have always done well--you are always attentive. You made gains in hitting, and certainly showed strength in playing catcher. The first time you played that position this season you kneeled and often forgot to protect your right arm by putting it behind your back. However, you watched your peers and took mental notes playing the position much better your next go around. During the last two games alone you played catcher 5 of the 7 innings. The way the schedule was set didn't allow time for team practices but you were willing and eager to hit and play catch with dad to hone your skills. I look forward to seeing you continue growing and playing this all american sport.

No comments: