Saturday, December 3, 2011

Insta love

A look into our past week via instagram.
Unfortunately, these are becoming my only posts lately.
Enjoying the festive surroundings. 
It's always such a process to get it all out. 
Many years ago, Brian affectionately labeled one of our tubs: 
 "Danielle's Christmas crap" 
but I know he loves it too.
  Being surrounded by the lights, trees and whimsy
 makes me smile and it makes me think of my mom....
the Christmas before she died we went decoration shopping on Dec 26. 
We made out like bandits...
half off baubles, branches, trees, and more... 
I have loads of stuff from that experience. 
At the end of the day I remember her and I both remarking "that was so FUN!" 
a crazy shopping high with my best friend....
I loved spending time with her. 
But that one shopping trip is the gift that gives year after year. 
In addition to the loot we got that day,
 I have several sweet Santas that she had created for arts and crafts shows, 
ornaments and pictures she had collected over the years 
and so many good Christmas memories. 
Between daycare parties to baking, crafting, planning, 
singing her heart out to Mele Kalikimaka or Feliz Navidad 
and all around joy....
she and my dad were always able to make the holiday magical. 
I can only imagine how awesome her celebrations with JESUS have been the past eleven years. 
 Alexis and I took a few shopping outings this week just she and I. 
We didn't buy a lot but we looked and chatted and had a great time. 
We watched her perform for her preschool Christmas program. 
She was likely the loudest of the twelve or so kids. 
So fun to watch.
 The kids were wondering what Talon eats.... 
saying: he's got to be hungry only being able to eat one meal a day. 
He must have wanted to tell them 
because this is how we found him the next morning.  
We've been talking some about analogies
 Braeden decided to brainstorm and practice on the bathroom mirror. 
A little difficult to read here but he came up with quite a few. 
He said he started looking around for ideas too....
evidently I need to do some spider web dusting. :)  


life rearranged

1 comment:

tonya said...

I can't believe it's been 11 years...I took out the wooden reindeer this year and thought of your mom. She may or may not have painted the eyes for me. ;)

I also have that same santa from your first picture!