Friday, August 12, 2011

Insta Friday

It's time to share a little randomness of our week via Instagram.

Date Night with Brian, my brother and sister-in-law. 
It's always so fun to laugh at someone else's expense.
I don't feel bad....they were laughing too.
But, I was relieved that they didn't choose us to humiliate. 
The kids stayed with my niece while we were out.
When we went to pick them up, Brian and our nephew Cameron had an arm wrestling match.
Brian had him this time but I imagine the battle will only get tougher. 
Alexis and I were both LONG overdue for a haircut. 
It's been a year!
As if a haircut wasn't enough time spent in a chair, Alexis had her teeth done too.
Braxton gathered and cashed in ALL of his change, from pennies to silver dollars, 
He came up with enough to buy the new Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension DS game.
Our recent finds at the Antique Mall.
My friend tells me that I'm too specific about the things I'm looking for.
But, I can't help it if I know what I want! 
Speaking of treasures, I picked up a chair and a tree 
on two separate curbs this week.
Alexis recapped the story like this: "my mom stole GOLD from my neighbors".  
We visited the kids' FAVORITE "ice cream" shop.
Backpacks stuffed with school supplies can only mean one thing....
school's just around the corner.
"Meet your teacher night"
We are lucky to already know the boys' teachers....they ROCK! 
Bryson has "mastered the stairs" 
.....well almost. 
He did happen to flip like a car in a roll over accident less than 10 minutes after this was taken.
I love this photo of some of our regular dinner mates. 
With this crew, there's never a dull meal....LOTS of silliness and laughter! 
Braeden had a business opportunity with my dad and Chong.
He waited on customers and made snow cones, drinks and nachos. 
Alexis modeled some of her fall fashions.
And finally, these boys spent their last few days of summer hanging out in my office.
While it wasn't high on their list of fun things to do each day they were so good!

I'm linking up here.....
life rearranged

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun week! We did haircuts and pottery this week too! Good luck with the start of school...I think everyone is itching to get back into a routine this time of year. Have a wonderful weekend!

Danna said...

I need to go take my girls for haircuts too. We LOVE Orange Leaf, soooo good! Our backpacks are packed and ready. How did summer pass so quickly?
Have a great weekend!

jessica dukes said...

your kids are beautiful! and i love the antique finds and that picture is pretty incredible as well! love it.

Shannon said...

Great captures! Love the backpacks, its that time of year! :)

Becca at One Girl said...

New school items are always fun! I always loved picking out my notebooks & pens & fun folders. How exciting for Braxton to turn in his money to buy something - so much more rewarding that just being given the money I think.