Don't mind the group shot, it was the best of the bunch.
There was a bit of an issue with the sun and something painful in Alexis' shoe.
I've said it before that I probably have just as much fun as the kids on this day. Combine a creative outlet with flowers, candy and the butterflies that come with the ding and dash and you've got a no fail recipe for FUN!
Discussion always ensues about whether anyone will visit our house leaving flowers or sweets and whether the kids will be quick enough to discover their identity. Every year I explain to the kids that the odds are against us, after all this is not a highly observed holiday. Over the years we've had less than a handful of May day goodies...all in response to our deliveries. This year was no different. But, as Brian was out planting flowers, some mystery guy, who was too quick to be seen, happened to ring and run leaving behind familiar flowers and candies! The kids were ECSTATIC!
All our regulars know it's the Thompsons who come a knocking. So Braeden decided to make a delivery to someone new. He always gives me a hard time for getting him caught the year I parked the "wrong way"...so he took no chances this year and rode his bike.
Bryson could have probably done without a trip to the door, but being his first May day I insisted. Looks like he was most interested in the dog. He was giggling as the kids were running from house to house though.
Happy May Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment