Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yellow

It seems this time of year I crave yellow. 
(photo courtesy Alexis)
I guess its the warmth and promise of happy sunny days that draws me in. Last year it was a scarf, the year before a shirt, and this year I had my eye on a necklace but kept it in my virtual shopping cart too long before it sold out! So instead I made a wreath. 

I bought the stuff before valentines day but finally got around to completing it last week....it didn't help that my cats kept running off with the rolled felt flowers. Actually, the red flowers are temporary....I plan to add ruffles or some turquoise flowers. And although the wreath portion didn't really turn out exactly the way I wanted, now I know how to improve it. Yarn wrapped wreaths are all over the web, I just wish I would have read a little closer on the details, like to use a straw wreath (that would have given it a more beefed up look, mine's a little puny). At any rate, I am enjoying the happy yellow that it brings to my kitchen especially since this time of year the weather here is wonky! 

1 comment:

amy d said...

love that wreath!!! the flowers are adorable! spring is SO close!!!! YEAH!!!