Saturday, July 17, 2010

R & R

The kids stayed in KC a few extra days while Brian and I had some R and R. We saw a movie (at the theater-that's rare!), dined out, Brian golfed, I slept in and we made an oh so exciting trip to Babies R Us.
We sold our baby car seat after using it with Alexis--we knew there was a possibility of one more baby but the seat we had was no longer safe. There were all these cute young couples, newly pregnant, looking around and then there was us. Shopping for the fourth is so much different than registering and shopping for the first. I remember feeling overwhelmed with so many choices when I was pregnant with Braeden; wondering what we'd have to HAVE to parent a wee one. Now the focus is so different! Buy as little as possible--we already are overflowing with baby stuff that I can't wait to weed out (don't get me wrong, you know I LOVE babies it's all that STUFF I could live without!) After looking at car seats and strollers, debating whether a stroller is really necessary and feeling overwhelmed in a whole new way, we decided to wait half-joking that maybe the baby would come before we made it back and Brian would decide on his own. We moved on to check on a couple other things and I imagine we were very annoying to those around us. We found a couple of necessities:
just kidding. But, it did make for an entertaining evening---we must be old or crazy when we can belly laugh over baby products.

No comments: