Thursday, September 13, 2012

Front Porch Intervention

Welcome, please come in.....not exactly the sentiment our front porch gave before. 
It had been in this sad state for way to long...in desperate need of some style. 
With such a narrow front porch, I knew my seating options were slim to none. I was thinking a simple wood bench would work and I'd been semi looking but doing more talking about wanting one for several years. When I finally got serious about purchasing I was shocked; who knew primitive benches would be so pricey and difficult to fit my space? So, I enlisted the help of my friends to join my hunt. They text me this sweet pew type bench. 
It was meant to be, the dimensions were PERFECT! They loaded it up and hauled it three hours home.
Yeah, I love my friends, they ROCK!
I found some cute outdoor pillows and Brian upcycled this dated picture with a little paint and metal.
Ahhh, getting closer....
add a few coats of paint from my project loving husband.
Excuse the glass glare, I like that I can open the door and keep the elements and creepy crawlers out but don't love the aesthetics of our storm door.
I'd still like to add an outdoor leopard rug and the door needs antiquing but
I feel so happy when I see our front porch now. 
It more accurately reflects my style and the personality of those inside!

3 comments:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow what a transformation! It looks great and what a great pop of color on the front door!!

tonya said...

looks great!!!

Danavee said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! That bench and door color are perfection! Great work!