I've been reading about Ali Edwards' one little word for years and this year I jumped on board. My word for 2011 is.....
In choosing a word I didn't make a "resolution" but hopefully it will be a gentle reminder of what I want to foster throughout the year. I am by nature a joyful person but this word means so many different things to me. I hope that it reminds me to bring JOY to my marriage, to be joyful in the everyday opportunities I have with my children and family. I hope that I spend more time bringing JOY to God, remembering the acronym of JOY to put Jesus first, Others second and Yourself (me) last. I want my surroundings to be joyful and I want to engage in JOY everyday. Creative JOY....
thanks to the inspiration of Lisa
Natural JOY...(like the feeling of sitting under the sun in 70 degree weather in January!)
Serendipitous JOY (like having two days off from school due to the weather, while simultaneously getting so sick that you wouldn't have been able to go to work...also meaning that had there been school, my paycheck would have been docked as I have ZERO sick days left this year!)
Peaceful JOY (like spending time with God in this book that I've been wanting to read between Christmas and Easter for years.)
I hope that you will seek JOY today and everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment