Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kinderific, Dinosaurs and more

This has been a bit of a busy week. A Kinderific music/PE performance.
Braxton was cute... he did all his parts and sang. He's so funny those two sides of our little b sometimes so loud, rambunctious and wild and then there's the one we saw today laid back, non-chalant go with the flow. I love every bit of you and am so proud to be your mama.
Friday was a show and tell visit with Buddy (the guinea pig) to Kindergarten and grade 2 prompted by one of Braxton's friends bringing baby ducks to share.
Then the evening was topped off with the boys seeing "Walking with Dinosaurs". They saw life sized dinos while a narrator explained about the animals and surroundings that each occupied. The boys throughly enjoyed the show and Braeden has since decided he wants to be a paleontologist.
All those dinosaurs reminds me of a conversation Braxton and I had back in November:
b: some people still look for dinosaur bones...have we ever seen a dinosaur museum?
Me: There's one in Chicago.
b: can we go there sometime?
Me: Maybe...I'd like to take you there.
b: When I'm a dad sometimes I will say YES.
Me: you are always going to say yes?
b: well, sometimes I will say yes. :)


Last weekend we bought flowers for some of our pots, nothing major but something to color up the outside.
I always have grand plans for my pots and as usual what I picture in my head either is going to end up costing as much as my mortgage payment or just doesn't quiet turn out as I had hoped. I was the only one enthusiastic about plant shopping that particular day and by the time we left I was throwing a small pity party for myself...I mentioned that in the future I will go alone or call a friend as the trip was less than desirable. But, all is good today, my sweet husband and boys bought some more pretties this weekend and Braeden happily planted them while Brian pulled the weeds you see in the background. I am so blessed!

No comments: